Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Some finished things!

   So with school going on and being sick twice now, I haven't had a lot of time to work on dad's blanket. I have; however, had time to do smaller projects like hats and scarves! I finished the scarf that I posted the pattern for last time, and it came out beautiful and so soft and warm! I actually don't have anything that I've made untill now. This scarf will be the first crochet thing of my own that I've worn. Weird, I know. So here is me in my finished product.
  I also finished my grandma's hat that I've been promising since December! I'm glad she's so patient and loving because once the inspiration hit I made her the coolest hat that will make all Oregon ducks fans envy her. (Ignore the Christmas decorations we dont have anywhere to store our Christmas stuff lol.)
  I'm working on a 1940s WWII leather flying cap that will be crocheted for my friend Hannnah. I don't even want to think about how long ago she asked me to make it. Ugh, I'm finally making it though and I got half of it done last night. It's coming along really nicely I hope that whats in my head will come out in the yarn.  It's really kind of a fun project because I don't have any pattern to work off of, just my imagination and some pictures I've seen on google images.I also cannot find any other projects like this I cant find any crocheted flying caps. So I'll be an original!
   Also in the making is a project with one of my cousins. He's made a Bender costume from Futurama for a convention in Seattle in April and he's asked me to make a big beanie for Bender! Should be really fun to be part of that project and once I get some stuff to sell in my Etsy shop it will be a great business promoter.

  So that's about it on my crafty schedule.  How have you been? What projects are you working on?

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of you! Chip was finally able to teach me how to crochet (the first attempt was at the Woods in 2003 or so...ha!), so I made an earwarmer/headband for my sister for Christmas. Looking forward to seeing more crafts from you in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete