Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Had an idea!

Hello again!
    While on a walk tonight with Spork (my dog) it occurred to me I'm going about this blanket business all wrong.  Instead of making squares to eventually thread together into one big blanket, I should make rows. To better explain this, currently I'm making squares that start with a beginning chain of 40, and then I crochet about 14 rows of 2 double crochet lines of alternating colors. Some squares are solid and those are also made with a beginning chain of 40 and then crocheted to the height that match the striped squares. Perhaps, I would get more uniformity if instead of making squares separately I would never start a new square for a column, instead after I was done working the solid or striped square I could just join the yarn for the next square in the pattern so that I will eventually end up with columns that can be threaded together to make the blanket. I feel like this joining the yarn thing instead of making a million squares will be beneficial and will also keep my blanket looking symmetrical.

    If you have ever made a blanket like the one I am attempting, or you have any ideas on my idea please let me know. Or if you know of any blogs that could help me I'd accept links. I hope you all are enjoying your New Year so far and are sticking to your resolutions.



What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment