Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Progress!

Hello!

    Last night I sewed a couple squares together and started working on the rest of the column. This column of the blanket is starting to look really nice. I'm super proud of myself, and seeing it as more then just random squares really gave me incentive to keep going. The downside is I think I'm going to have to make a lot more of the blanket then I thought I would my original estimate of a 4x4 layout would not give me the queen sized blanket I want. I think it is going to be more like 5x5 or 6x5. Either way it will be a lot of work and I'll probably end up using a few different colors of blue since I wasnt able to buy a boatload of the same color. It'll add character right? :D I just keep telling myself that, and that this is my first blanket so I can get all my goofs out on this one. After all the work that will go into it I probably will have a hard time parting with it, goofs or no goofs.

     My best Christmas gift this year was from my roomie who gave me a gift card for the knitting boutique in my neighborhood. It's for 2 classes of beginning knitting and apparently we will be learning how to make a baby fruit cap. Luckily I already have needles, markers, yarn, and all the other paraphernalia that goes with knitting so I wont add any extra costs taking the class. I'm not too thrilled about this baby cap business as I would like to learn something more useful or at least something I could wear and be like "I knitted this!" but everyone has had a baby in December so I'm sure I can find someone to give it to or sell it on Etsy or something. After the first two classes if I pass muster, I can go on to take intermediate level and learn how to make a scarf, oooh ahhh, way more useful!

     Now the task is just finding time to schedule said knitting classes. School starts on the 14th. I'm taking two Saturday classes, I'll be at school from 9am to 5pm on Saturdays. I'm also taking two math classes and sign language during the week. I did give myself Tuesdays and Thursdays off for homework, research, crafting, doctors appointments, ect. I've learned my lesson that I dont get to lead a normal life where every day can be booked and have accepted that I will have at least 2 doctors appointments per month if not more. I'm pretty excited that I found my sign language workbook and cd's online for 50 bucks instead of the 150 the bookstore was asking. Valore.com is my book savior I've rented and bought a lot off books from that site, and have saved hundreds of dollars. Really between the library and valore I don't have to spend much on books at all, except those damn online programs that cost a fortune to buy a code so you can do your homework online (of which I have to buy two of this semester /tear). Ugh! I miss just turning in homework written by hand.

   That's all for the updates tonight, going to try and get a squares worth of work done on the column before going to sleep. I might possibly even work on some quicker projects which seem to be piling up since Christmas.

   Until next time,
       Kimi

No comments:

Post a Comment