Monday, January 2, 2012

Introductions are in order.

Hello World!

     My name is Kimi, and I'm a crafty lady. I like to crochet, cook, bake, sew, ect. I often feel like I have hobby ADD and have a tendency to start many projects and never finish any. I'm a beginner in most things as the past few years have been the first in my life where I've found myself in a place where I can be creative and have the money to invest in buying materials. I started crocheting in 2004 when my "Big Sis" at my college taught me the basics in crocheting. From then on I have made scarfs, hats, and decorations out of yarn. I plan to learn how to knit soon, and I'd like to advance my skill level in both knitting and crochet.

      Currently I am attempting my first crochet blanket. Like most things I attempt to do, I am not going the easy route and have decided to do a quilt-like blanket incorporating squares of different colors, patterns, and some with appliques. The idea of this blanket came from my dad's yacht club pennant, and my dad's love of sailing. Some blocks will be blue and white stripes, while some will be solid blue or white. So far I'm four squares into the project and losing steam. The almost immediate satisfaction of making a scarf or a hat is much different from the hours upon hours that goes into making a blanket. If I can complete this blanket it will be a huge accomplishment for me. My only hope is that the finished project will look like the picture in my head.

     Eventually, I would like to sell my crafts online. As a physically disabled young still in college person I've found the workforce to be a very uninviting place and no matter how many places I apply and interview with there dont seem to be any open jobs out there. So the conclusion is that I've really got to get better at this crafting thing, and sell for all I'm worth. My hope is also that blogging will help me keep on target and will possibly be more inclined to share my experiences and finished projects. 

Until next time,
   Kimi

No comments:

Post a Comment